FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We answer to all your needs and provide the best service & care.
What is the difference between companion caregiving and private nursing?
A private nurse provides medically necessary skilled nursing care to an individual. We select staff from our highly qualified and experienced pool of nurses to support your loved one with special medical needs – so they can remain safely at home and avoid hospitalisation.
Our nurses assess, monitor, and assist in the client’s transition from the acute care setting into the home. The services may include rehabilitation, therapeutic or palliative care, ventilation support and those who require IV therapy.
On the other hand, a junior caregiver supports non-medical care that helps individuals with their daily living. Tasks include bathing, toileting, dressing, eating and some light, patient-related housekeeping to provide a clean and safe environment at home.
Senior caregivers or assistants-in-nursing can offer limited skilled nursing care to the patient – such as simple colostomy care, nasogastric tube feed etc.
Differences between Keeper’s caregiver and live in domestic helper
- Trained for specialized care
- Able to deal with emergencies, provides first-aid and CPR
- Observes patient condition and reports when necessary
- Supported by experienced nurse managers 24/7
- Proper background screening
- Trustworthy requiring minimal supervision
- Minimal communication barrier
- Personality matched with the patient and dedicated to taking care of the patient’s social and emotional wellbeing
- No or limited formalised training
- Limited to basic care
- Limited to the helper’s basic knowledge
- Follow family instruction
- Varies, depending on the agency
- Requires supervision
- Varies with the country of origin and educational level
- Mainly task oriented
Common Inquiries Asked:
- Call us or fill in the assessment form.
- Fix an appointment for a nursing assessment to meet the patient and understand their needs.
- Work with you to find an agreeable care plan for your loved one.
- You decide on the level of support and we send in the team.
- Our junior caregivers are not allow to perform any nursing related skills.
- Senior caregivers who are assistants-in-nursing are only allowed to perform procedures that abide by the assistant nurse Code of Conduct.
- Only staff nurses registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board are allowed to perform specialised nursing procedures and medical care. We have a pool of highly qualified and professionally trained nurses capable of caring for the high dependency patient who may require invasive therapy in the home environment.
- If the case arises, we will investigate and try to solve the issue with your current caretaker. If that does not help, we shall arrange for a replacement.
- After proper nursing assessment and determine the level of care needed, we will screen our caregiver / nurses for a good personality match and skills required to care for the patient.
- This ensures you and the patient will get necessary assistance and care needed to maintain a safe and enjoyable lifestyle.
- Our caregiver needs to concentrate and provide good, specialized care to the patient and therefore they are unable to take care of other family member and household chores.
- However they will support the patient with their specific household tasks, including preparing simple meals, doing their laundry, cleaning up their rooms etc.
- Should you require care for more than one patient in the same household, please discuss with our clinical manager.
Have a Question?
Send us your inquiries. Your request will be answered within 24 hours.